This project accomplishes the following Course Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate technical skill to produce a multi-step value scale and a balanced multi-step color wheel in paint, pencil, or digital.
- Demonstrate technical skill to produce a variety of tactile and visual textures in various mediums including digital.
- Demonstrate technical skill to produce clean transitions of color in pencil, charcoal, ink and paint, and digital design.
Value Scale Exercises:
- With a pen or pencil, produce a value scale using: hatching, crosshatching, stipling/ scribbling and blending.
2. With a piece of charcoal or pastel, produce a value scale using: hatching, crosshatching, stipling/scribbling and smudging.
3. Experiment with other, patterned lines that help you explore line, shape, texture and value. 10 different experimented small squares.
DUE DATE – 3 .jpg / .png files (one value scale in b/w, one value scale in color and one set of 10 experiments) and submitted to Google Drive: Monday, Jan 18 by 8 a.m.